Serenity

Serenity

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

     Everyone has their own way of thinking and wording things. Some people, like me, will use an accent or peculiar expression of face to emphasize their point or mood. If people talked in a vulgar tone of voice, and kept a likewise expression, we would have very primitive forms of communication. Emotion in life would be harder to determine than sarcasm in text messaging.
     Most people have their own sense of humor; and some who don't can still be remarkably hilarious. Take my brother for instance, the one who isn't married. He is a movie geek, and he is always joking. Either he says the same joke so many times you just can't help but laugh because he is so persistent, or, he will just pop off and say something totally bizarre and you just can't hold it in. Whereas on the contrary I have several friends with a dry sense of humor. I also have a dear friend who has a very British sense of humor. Then there are my friends who are just out right crazy (*cough*Maimers*cough*).
     Most everyone can make another laugh. I personally normally just get people to laugh at me instead of with me. But you know, whatever works! I am a classic living joke. I love it. But laughter is one of the best ways for someone to be happy. Happiness can come in more ways than could be told in a lifetime, possibly more than even could be told in two.
     A first time parent for instance could find happiness, and pure joy by looking into their child's eyes. Some people (me sometimes included) find happiness in being alone. My cat Stella Luna, the love of my life, finds the ultimate happiness just by being in the same room as me. Some may be wondering where I find happiness? Well...that is a secret! No, not really.
     I am happy when those around me are happy (you know, the expression 'shared sorrow is half sorrow, shared joy is double joy?). I enjoy making my friends laugh (either at me or with) and that makes me happy. I absolutely adore reading poetry, especially written by Edgar Allan Poe, he can always brighten my day! I also find a particular form of happiness in watching old movies, such as What's Up Doc? This is the movie from which I get 'That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard". It is the closing line.
     For those of you who's family and friends have failed to educate you properly in the lore of movies, Judy and Howard are in a plane. Judy is a movie geek (even more so than my brother!) and is rather smart for a mass college kick-out. She looks at Howard and says "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Howard looks at her blankly and replies with "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."
     Throughout the whole movie Judy is making people laugh with witty remarks and persistent harassment. Meanwhile, Howard is making people roll about in their seats from his pathetic expressions and his words. He however does not mean to be funny. He is perfectly honest. These are a very basic two types of people who can make others laugh. Or, in my case, make me over joyed.

1 comment: