Serenity

Serenity

Thursday, October 11, 2012

All Countries Are Formed Of Recycled Zombies

     So....I just watched the Vice Presidential Debate.  I know what you're thinking "Why is a 15 year old interested in Politics?"  Don't think to highly of me, it was extra credit in Government....that I decided to pursue...because I kinda...sorta...maybe..might have failed the first test....but everyone makes mistakes! Right?  So anyway, I ended up watching the Debate with my brother Alex, Nana, and dad.  Alex and I were the main ones who needed to watch because we are both taking government ^_^ me on a high school level, he on a college level.  So anyway.  There we were, in the living room, eyes transfixed in horror on the TV screen O.O
     What stood out to me the most, was probably how completely rude Joe Biden was.  Now...I am not going to go into politics on my blog...how do I plan to write about a presidential debate without going into politics? Well....I do not know.  We'll just have to wait this out and see.  So yes, I can say he was rude without going into politics.  As we ALL (hopefully...) learned as small children, it is disrespectful to interrupt.  Darling Biden, if you are going to call Ryan your friend do please let him finish his thought process before going into yours.  They give you papers to take notes for a reason.
     Dear democrats, don't worry, I'm going to slam Ryan too!  He had this amazing way of just staring at Biden, and then glancing at America *coughthecameracough* and visually screaming "This man is a moron!" (note: moron is NOT to be confused with Mormon....although I misheard it as that once >.> it was humiliating).  And, again, as we all learned in boy scouts, girl scouts, 4-H, or the like, it is not nice to call people names (even if it's just with a look?  Yes!  Even if it is just with a look.)  Sweet Ryan, if you want Bidden to let you finish your sentences on your own without him talking over you, you shouldn't make fun of him....I don't care how funny Mia's expressions were in Princess Diaries when she was poking fun at her grandmother behind her fan, it's still not nice.
     As to any Moderates/Libertarians that may be reading this, I bet you thought you were gonna get it easy on this article.  Right?  Wrong!  All politicians are the same, and they are all mean!  That's right....politicians are bullies.  As Teresa Lisbon from The Mentalist once said "Don't mess with super rich people, Jane! They're like children with machine guns!"  The same goes for politicians....only THEY have the power of the press.  Now what might that mean?  If they have machine guns...and the power of the press....hm...oh I know!  It means that they can implant viruses in your TVs, phones, tablets (that have Internet), iPads, radios, billboards, and your dreams (yes, it's true!) with their bits of advertisement that seep into your brain and then....when you least expect it....BOOM! The shards go all the way through your brain and infect every fiber of your being. And then....you become...a politician's zombie O.o and you will follow that politician around and eat the brains of anyone who opposes him.  All politicians do this...and it's just mean.  They go out and turn poor -insert country's name here- citizens into zombies!  And then what do they do?  They go out of office!  The whole process happens again....and again...and again without end.
     ~*~The moral of that tangent?  All countries are formed of recycled, political zombies. ~*~

     Now I will actually take this seriously.  Which is hard to do....as the candidates of the debate didn't take it seriously.  From what I could tell, they were fighting...but they weren't portraying their sides very well.  What it all sounded like to me was "We want this!  But you are in our way because you won't look at that!" and then the other would counter saying "We want that!  But you are in our way because you won't look at this!"  Over all...it was very jumbled up and not at all as it should've been.  I love debates, but that was hardly a debate.  I do not remember every question....but I will talk about a few.
     First question was about the nations economy.  So, naturally, they "debated" the unemployment issue.  They stated their so called "facts" with percentages.  But I saw a problem with all of their facts and percentages...none of them lined up with each other.  Biden was convinced things had gotten better and that the percentage of unemployment had gone DOWN while Ryan gave percentages that said it had gone UP.  So I suppose the real question they should have been asked was "who provided you with you erroneous percentages?"
     Another question asked was about the war in Libya.  Now....I am not very good with names.  But they talked about a bombing that happened recently (this is my article and my topic is not the bombing so I won't go into that) and about how there is a terrorist in the Libyan area that is gathering supplies to make a nuclear weapon.  Biden didn't really give any information on the matter except saying that no one would let him build a bomb.  Likewise, Ryan didn't give much information except in saying that he had a certain percentage more supplies than he did when Obama interred the presidency.  So basically all the listeners could get from that, unless they had done previous research on the matter, was that he had all the supplies he needed, but nobody would let him use the supplies for a bomb.  Honestly, I do not see how anyone could stop him, and I do not see how anyone can calculate how many supplies a terrorist has.
     They also talked a lot about Obama-care and Medicare.  Now....the problem with this one....is that Ryan failed to point out how it went against his beliefs, and Biden failed to realize that it went against his.  Ryan did not point out that it forces Catholic hospitals to provide insurance that covers abortion.  He states that that was against his beliefs, unless under certain circumstances.  Then there is Biden, who at the end of the debate said that he did not believe that he should force his Church's beliefs on abortion onto other people.  But what does Obama-care do, pray tell?  It forces Catholic hospitals to provide insurance that covers abortion (forgive me if I sound like a broken record).  Now....he doesn't support the Church in "forcing" it's beliefs on other people, but he does support the government forcing it's beliefs on an entire religion?  Something about that sounds a little bit askew if you ask me.
     I'm sure that I missed a lot of what was going on.  Perhaps I missed so much because the candidates were talking over each other and the reporter?  I think that is what happened.  Another possibility to my lack of catching every question is that they did not answer every question but would spin it back on the previous question if they didn't believe their point to be made.  They would also go off on random tangents that didn't seem related at all...
     I do not think that America's Founding Fathers would be happy with what has become of America's government.  They formed this country for freedom...but there is no freedom in this country.  They believe there is "illegal" immigration nowadays form Mexico and Canada....look, people, we ALL came into America as illegal immigrants!  Can you just open your eyes and see that?  Now here is something both candidates support...which is completely and totally against their Catholic belief: abortion.
     I started to go into that....but realized that after being three paragraphs into that issue...I still wasn't done talking -.- so I suppose that will have to wait for another time.  My main point was just that the candidates know nothing of what they are for...nothing.

1 comment:

  1. You know, 85% of statistics are made up on the spot. ;)
    You make several good points there, and I am very glad that some people have common sense. Melinyet, Verinya.

    ReplyDelete